Thursday, March 25, 2010

Retirement

Retirement is great. I love the extra time I have to spend with my husband, my children, my grandbabies. I love that I volunteer my time to work at our local free clinic, and I love working with the volunteers that donate their time and energy to help those that are in need. I love that I can travel. I love the quiet time I have to read, or draw, or just relax.

But I really miss the wonderful people I worked with for 22 years of my life. But once a month that emptiness goes away. And today was one of those days.

The JMR Lunch Group was together today, and all is well with us all. We ate, we talked, and we talked some more. We headed to our cars, but stopped and talked some more. We know each other's joys and pains, concerns and predicaments, sorrows and plans. So for another month, we're good to go.

If something comes up -- well, we all check email.

No comments:

Post a Comment