Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Postcards Are Fun!

Another fun activity suggested in The Happy Book is postcard swapping. The website www.postcrossing.com is the go-to place to join in the fun. The idea is simple -- you send a postcard to someone, and someone sends a postcard to you. The website supplies the addresses, you supply the postcard, and the post office does the rest.

I signed up for this adventure about 3 weeks ago. Since then, 7 people have received postcards from me, and my postcards have travelled a distance of 10,748 miles. Pretty fun, huh? Well, the flip side is fun, too. I have received postcards from 3 people, and those postcards have travelled a distance of 18,714 miles! That is some serious travel. I'll share my postcards with you.

This is the first postcard I received. It is from Becky in Washington State. The postcard shows the incoming tide at Second Beach at Olympic National Park on the Washington Coast. This is the setting for the Twilight books.

My next postcard was from Brihannah in Adelaide, Australia. Her postcard shows scenes from Kangaroo Island in South Australia. Clockwise: Cape Willoughby Lighthouse, Snug Cove, Seals, Penguins, Remarkable Rocks, Kangaroos, Admirals Arch.


Lastly, I received a postcard from Clothilde in Taiwan. She picked up the postcard while visiting the National Palace Museum in Taipei, Taiwan. It shows a beautiful peony from the museum gardens.

So, don't you agree? Postcards are fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment