Thursday, April 8, 2010

New Neighbors

The old neighbors must have slipped out in the dark of the night. Seriously. None of the neighbors saw anything. How can you move out a house full of furniture without someone noticing? They must have figured it out. Anyway, they are gone.

The new neighbors are in. And I have some concerns.

To begin with, they are old. Old? How old is old? In this case, old is 89. Next -- poor vision. He can't use a computer, read a book, drive a car. Her glasses are thick, and not always on her face. "Where are my glasses?" Also -- poor retention, at least with some things. We've talked about trash pick-up and recycling rules three times this week already. On the other hand, they know my phone number by memory.....but not my name!

All of the above is to preface what has been on my heart this week, and it's this: I don't think it's an accident that this couple moved in next door. So, what plan does God have for this relationship? What will my role in their life be?

My eyes and heart are open to the opportunity.
The Lord will guide you always. Isaiah 58:11

1 comment:

  1. Dear Sarilyn,
    Loved your post.
    In our 25 years of living adjacent to Sun City, AZ and having many elderly friends...my unsolicited advice is to brush up on your CPR, and ask them questions about their youth which is more easily remembered than current events and names!
    Enjoy your new neighbors and discovering God's plan, Love ~Teresa

    ReplyDelete