Thursday, April 15, 2010

In-law Love

My mother- and father-in-law were visiting us a couple of weeks ago, and I love it when they are here. They had some medical appointments, and I took a bit of the stress away by driving them around our metroplex. They always act like I'm doing them a big favor, but I think I'm lucky to be in the right place at the right time with the right contacts to help out. So as I've thought about them today, I've come up with my top five list of why I love my in-laws.

5. They love to go out. They never turn down a good time. Whether it's breakfast at IHOPs or dinner at a 5-star restaurant, they're ready. And they won't pass up a good martini or a glass of Sherry (Drysack, please) either!

4. They have become dear friends. We are abundantly blessed to be able to spend a lot of quality time together. We laugh at crazy things from the past and crazy things now. We talk about family and share stories, hopes, and dreams. We are proud together, we are concerned together. We are happy together, and sometimes we are sad together. We are just more than in-laws. We are family AND friends.

3. They are so committed. To each other -- they celebrate their 60th wedding anniversary today! To their children -- they have five educated, responsible, and loving children. To their grandchildren -- twelve of them that they adore and travel the US to see. To their great-grandchildren -- three of those little angels. To their friends -- they keep in touch by phone and mail with friends they've kept since childhood and beyond.

2. They gave birth to my husband. Duh. Of course I love them for this reason!

and the number 1 reason I love my in-laws:

They love me. And they never fail to let me know.

Happy Anniversary! I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment