Friday, April 9, 2010

Happy Mailbox

My mailbox made me happy this week! It gave me three different opportunities to get a glimpse of people and places I never knew existed.

First from Brazil. Manoela, a 21 year-young lady, showed me where she lives on the southern coast of Brazil. She is an architecture student working on a pediatric hospital project.
Next, Vitaly showed me where the cruise ships dock in his town of Vladivostok -- Russia's largest port city and home of the Russian Pacific Fleet. He also let me know that he was a fan of the American TV show America's Best Dance Crew. (Aren't we all?)


Today I heard from Yingtao. She, like Manoela, is a university student. Her hometown is hosting the 2011 World University Games. She is preparing to be a student reporter for the games. By the way, that's not her house there on Xiaoputuo Island. It is a pavilion that was built during the Ming Dynasty.

As beautiful as all of these sights are, I am blessed with beauty right before my eyes each and every day right here at home. Our bluebonnets have bloomed and are in abundance this year. The lake is full. The birds are singing and I even saw a scissortail! Yea! No more freezes for us.

The scissortails are never wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment