Monday, May 30, 2011

Memorial Day Monday

Today's Memorial Day celebration is pretty quiet. Fly the flag and fire up the grill. Later we will enjoy a bowl of homemade ice cream. Bailey's Irish Cream Ice Cream. It will be de.lish.us!

I was remembering the Memorial Day celebration the year we were married. We had just returned from our honeymoon (in NM!) and moved into our new apartment in Lubbock. We dined on hot dogs and watermelon with our new neighbors.

It's now thirty two years later, and I can say that those were the best neighbors we've ever had. And we'd love to have them as neighbors again. And I mean close neighbors. Neighboring states just doesn't cut it!

Today I honor the great warriors who risked their lives to protect us and our country. In my family, this includes:
  • my dad, Charlie Low
  • my uncle, Everett Low
  • my uncle, James Jacoby
  • my uncle, Reginald Jacoby (dec'd)
  • my uncle, Jackie Jacoby (dec'd)
  • my uncle, Chuck Bledsoe
  • my cousin, Steven Jacoby
  • my cousin, Gary Booth
  • my cousin, Joseph Miller (dec'd)
  • my cousin, Brannon Jacoby
  • my cousin, Pat Cunningham
  • Mitch's grandad, Reese Davis (dec'd)
  • Mitch's grandmother, Pearl Davis (dec'd)
Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment