Friday, April 22, 2011

I Should Go Pro

Seriously. How cute are these?


I wasn't sure how these Butterfly Cupcakes were going to turn out, but -- Wow! I'm impressed.

I started off by using the "How to Dress Up a Cake Mix" recipe. As I'm adding the flour, sugar, eggs, etc I'm thinking it's a lot like Making A Cake! But the cupcakes taste as good as they look, so I guess the recipe is a winner.

There were several steps involved: making the batter, coloring part of it and baking it like a sheet cake, cutting the butterfly shapes out of the sheet cake, centering the butterfly in a partially filled cupcake liner, and finally adding more cupcake batter on top of the butterfly.

All that being said, you'll not be too surprised when I say I won't be making these cupcakes again for a while. So, no professional baking for me.

But they sure are cute!


3 comments:

  1. Sounds like the 40 layer jello dessert that your mom made I thought I had to do. Life's way too short to spend it watching jello set up in thin layers,

    ReplyDelete
  2. But they are cute...I'm impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE Mary's comment! I'm making these today to take to Louisville...I'll let you know how it goes!!!

    ReplyDelete