Friday, May 14, 2010

Down To A Trickle

My Postcrossing action has been really, really slow lately. Maybe it's due to the volcano ash. Who knows. Anyway, I am glad to see a few cards show up in my mailbox.

Joanna, from The Netherlands, is a girl my age with four children and one granddaughter. She sent such an interesting postcard. It is made by the company MeMe, the memory alive! Everything they make is developed to stimulate the memory and encourage physical and cognitive skills. Their focus is on people that deal with memory disorders like Alzheimer's, with brain hemorrhages, and with demented and mentally handicapped youth who suffer from dementia.

So, I'm not sure how this postcard stimulates my memory, but I do know that I like it. And I like that Joanna combines having a little fun with doing some good in the world. I'd say Joanna is making a difference.


This next postcard was fun to receive because it was from a place that I've been to before. Vicky in Missouri had me recalling the day my sister and brother-in-law took Mom and me to see St. Louis. I remember the ballpark being really pretty. I also remember that it is close quarters in the top of the arch. And very bendy -- go figure. But you sure can see a long, long way.


Lastly, today's mail brought a postcard from Jan in Allen, TX -- a mere 46 miles away! She obviously keeps herself quite busy. For one thing, she made her own postcard. The photos are local, and quite good I might add. Their old train station has been turned in to a museum now. Love the train tracks. Can you take a bad photo of train tracks?

Jan doesn't stop there. She knits caps for cancer patients. She's a grandmother to two grandchildren. She's passionate about animals. She loves her flowers. And she paints rocks. Paints rocks, you say? Yes. She paints rocks. And they are cute, too. I can tell from her postcard and her blog that she's an upbeat and happy person. Gotta love that.

So that does it for my postcard fun. I'm hoping the action picks up.

No comments:

Post a Comment