Wednesday, April 25, 2012

The Lord is at Work

We've had a few rough days as we awaited biopsy results for my mother-in-law.  The news came yesterday, and it wasn't what we wanted to hear.  She is diagnosed with lung cancer.

While waiting for the tests to be read and for the doctors to get in touch with us, I often had periods of frustration and irritation.  What's taking so long?  When are they going to call?  How can we handle the situation when we don't even know what it is?

Yesterday I was reading a devotional* that spoke right to me.  It's main message was that God is in the reconstruction business.  Of course He is!  Things change - reconstruct - all of the time.  People fall in love, move to new cities, have babies, change jobs, get parking tickets -- lots and lots of things.  And sometimes people get sick.  But God is right there with us during all of these times.  It made my heart lighter to remember that despite the disruptions and seeming chaos in our lives, the Lord is at work.

So now I will begin learning what our new "normal" is.  I will be looking for all of the new blessings and opportunities that He is placing before me.  I'm ready to find out what my job is.

*(The Upper Room. March-April 2012.  "A Highway for God" by Gerald McCann. pg 65.)




No comments:

Post a Comment