Monday, June 21, 2010

We Took A Vacation!

Somehow, the vacation gods were smiling down on us. We managed to be tucked away in New Mexico for a week -- and he didn't get called back for any crises! Seriously, it was a huge blessing to be able to get away and re-focus. Here's how we did it.

We spent three of the days painting. Painting walls. Painting ceilings. Painting doors. And it looks mar-va-lus!

We also managed to sneak in a 750 piece puzzle (100 cats and a worm), a book (Dan Brown's The Lost Symbol), several DVDs (I DO NOT recommend The Book of Eli -- I don't know what Denzil was thinking), and a theater movie (The Karate Kid -- sure go see it, but there are no surprises.)

And there's more. We camped out one night.


We drove around and saw herds and herds of elk.


We visited Three Rivers Petroglyphs.


We enjoyed the beauty of nature.


And although I have no photographic proof, we also went to the Space Museum, and we enjoyed a pot luck dinner with our new NM friends!

When can we go back?

1 comment:

  1. We watched the Book of Eli and all I can say is I'm glad I didn't pay for it in the theater. Waste of my time (yes we watched the whole thing). We just looked at each other when it was over asking why did we watch the whole thing?

    ReplyDelete